We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split distances

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Topic
Split distances

I am thinking about staying at a hotel that was reviewed on tipadvisor in Split. Can anyone tell me if this address is within walking distance from the ferry port? Apartments Gajeta

Domilijina 2 Split, Split-dalmatia 21000 Croatia

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split distances

Walking distance is somewhat subjective--have you tried plugging the address into a map site like google maps? It looks like about a 20 minute walk max.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Split distances

Those apartments (not hotel) are about 15 minute walk from the ferry port also depending on what ferry you are arriving on as Hvar and Vis ferries dock closer to the town than those arriving from Brač and Solta.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Split distances

We will be bringing the ferry up from Dubrovknick so my guess the last stop may be Havar

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Split distances

I did as luvgoin recommended and googled the address ... Gajeta seems to be a travel agency with an address at the listing - the agency seems to have a lot of rental properties. You might want to confirm which apartment/location they are offering you and then you could ask about that specific location.

If you are looking at a map of Split - the Hvar ferry comes in to the east end of the Riva/waterfront and any apartment close to the Palace/Old town will be within walking distance.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Split distances

just check a map24.com. you can have your route checked there,and see how long would it take you to walk it.

6. Re: Split distances

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 05:41