We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of meals etc

england
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cost of meals etc

could anyone tel me is Croatia a cheap place to eat out and is alcohol expensive.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of meals etc

I have asked this question earlier.The response was it cost as much as western Europe. Wine, however, is cheap. With that said, we just got back from Portugal and the portion sizes were huge and I wonder if this will not be the case in Croatia. I priced oysters in Ston and they cost as much as in the states.

Edited: 11 February 2011, 16:35
san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of meals etc

Yes restaurant prices are similar to Western Europe, however the portions are very generous and the food is great. Off the beaten path, in smaller towns and less touristy areas, things are cheaper.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of meals etc

and the wine is inexpensive...if you are in dubrovnik, try the cafe buza...the one without the railings. so fun, just thinking about that place last night.

4. Re: cost of meals etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 17:16