We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Dubrovnik.................

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Flying into Dubrovnik.................

Am flying into Dubrovnik in late March with a friend for 6 nights........we want to do abit of travelling whether staying in Croatia or travelling to Bosnia or Montenegro.....any ideas of how best we can spend the 6 nights.....dont want to spend too much time on the road but want to see as much as we can in those 6 days.We intend on hiring a car for some if not all of the holiday....were flying home from Dubrovnik also.....just want to maximize what we can see in those few days and have never been to this part of the world before......help???!!!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying into Dubrovnik.................

You can Island hop for a day or two. Very inexpensive to do. Great beach on Lopud. Ston has excellent oysters. While in Ston, cross over to Mljet where Saint Paul was shipwrecked.

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying into Dubrovnik.................

If you want to check out Bosnia, you can hire a car for an easy day trip to Mostar (2 hrs from Dubrovnik), or push on through to Sarajevo (another 2hrs) to stay the night. Well worth it! (Be sure to sort out the border-crossing insurance with the rental car company, however.)

I also second Gluten-free's island hopping recommendations.

Have a great trip!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying into Dubrovnik.................

Theres so much to see and so little time....for our six nights, im thinking of 3 days in dubrovnik, 1 night in mostar (or do you think its worth staying overnight???) and then down to kostor in montenegro for a night and then finally to Cavtat the night before we fly home.....what do you guys think of that??not too much driving i think!!!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,758 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying into Dubrovnik.................

I like that itinerary delly19! I think a night in Mostar is a great idea to soak in the culture of this place. The only other thing I would mention is just take a day trip to Kotor.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying into Dubrovnik.................

Great.... sounds like i made the right option so.......

6. Re: Flying into Dubrovnik.................

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 21:19