We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itiniery - and some help needed!

Tromsoe
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Itiniery - and some help needed!

So after some thinking this is what my conclusion for our holiday is:

1 week in Bol, at Zlatni - Bol apartments, 3 last days of holiday is spent in Split to go at excursions and look at the city.

So here is the last and big question... I have asked it before, but for now I am still unsure.

I need somewhere to go for 6 nights. I have thought about Korcula (Old Town), but it seems a bit far away and I cannot seem to find ANY great accommodation.

We have thougt about Hvar but we are not partypeople and my fear is that we are misplaced in the middle of drunk, partying people.

I have thougth about Trogir and Sibenik, but I am not familiar with the area and do not know how to get there...

So please help me ANYONE?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,668 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

have you thought of istria? hill top towns , so magical. and in sibenik, we were at the arte cafe, which was really a trip. an old art gallery, totally redone, and one of the oldest buidings. from sibenik, you can visit krka park.

Tromsoe
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

What is it like coming from Split ? How long does it take, and what kind of transportation is needed ? Do we need to rent a car ?

I am looking at Trogir now, that is in Dalmatia I guess ?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,668 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

trogir is easy to get to, but having a car will give you lots more mobility. it is about 4 hours, as i recall, and we went inland to the autoban. we started down the coastal route, as beautiful as it was, we had to be in sibenik by a certain time. easy driving.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

Istria is some 7 hours of driving from Split, or take the bus from Split to Pula or Poreč, which will be several hours more.

Trogir is practically suburbs of Split.

Hvar is not Ibiza, don't be afraid.

Both Korčula and Hvar are easy accessible from Split.

Tromsoe
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

Hmmm this is very difficult..

I was going for Trogir, but now...?

For me the alternatives due to transportation and the will (not) to sit in a bus for hours is Hvar, Korcula and Trogir.

How can I choose ?

I felt Trogir was a good alternative because we wanted to se Krka and Plitvice, and that is easier from Trogir. And of what I can read Trogir seems like a very nice place.

Where should one stay in Hvar and Korcula then ? I looked at Jelsa and Korcula city.

And again...how to choose???

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

Trogir and Split are too near , no need to stay in both places. I understand that you want to stay in Split several days, where from you can make daytrips to NP Krka and/or more remote NP Plitvice.

I don't want to suggest Hvar only, but if you really will be staying in Bol , there is a catamaran each day in the afternoon to Jelsa just 15mins over the channel.

As for where to stay do read the reviews here.

It will be you to bring the final decision.

Tromsoe
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

Okay Thank you!

I find Trogir nicer than Split, less stressful.. But thats just my impression.

Isn't Jelsa and Bol similar ? Because I was thinking about taking the ferry but the islands seems so alike.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
332 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

Hi

We stayed in Trogir for a week. We wanted a restful week doing not much. We stayed in Hotel Concordia which is right on the riva. We just did a couple of trips by local bus to Split to see the sights and go shopping. There was plenty to see in Trogir. We enjoyed watching the very fancy boats which pulled up along the riva each day. There are numerous restaurants to choose from and we ate somewhere different each evening. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Tromsoe
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

Okay thank you so much for your reply.

Was it easy to get to some beaches ?

How long is it to Split ?

We want to have the opportunity to do that aswell, I mean when it is so warm one need to swim :)

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
332 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itiniery - and some help needed!

There was a boat taxi that went regularly from the riva near the Hotel Concordia round to a beach on Ciovo, the island across from Trogir. Or you could take a bus up the coast where there is a promenade right along the sea front. There are different buses to Split. I think the No 37 takes longest and has a lot of stops, but it's interesting. There is a quicker coach which is direct but we didn't use that one. The bus took about 45 minutes.