We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

travel_junkey73
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

Hello guys can somebody save my bacon once again please!

Myself and my lovely girlfriend are planning a weeks holiday in Croatia at the end of June. We would like somewhere that is aesthetically stunning i.e idylic beaches, hidden coves etc also somewhere that is authentic Croatia with the obligatory restaurants and also nightlife which is not tacky or Club Med type. The nightlife is not a concern as we can make do with a few local bars.

Were essentially looking for paradise without having to pay through the nose.

I would appreciate your suggestions on destinations, resorts etc.

Thanking in you in advance

TJ

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

Rovinj ticks every box a multitude of times over except for the "idylic beach" dream.

You won't find little deserted sandy streches of deserted beach like you come accross in the Greek Islands anywhere in Croatia.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,522 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

I think Vis might be something to look into, except there wasn't much nightlife there.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

What about Zadar, combined with Dugi otok , do google for Saharun beach pics.

Korcula Island...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

Hi Tj,

As someone who has moved to the place with my wife because it has all of the things you are looking for, and then some, we would have to reccomend the Island of Korcula. It will easily fulfill your every requirements especially the idyllic secluded beaches, that as locals we are very lucky to frequent.

If you stay near the old town the night life is just what you are after, with fantastic cocktailbars as well as great live music. No tacky strip of clubs here. There are also some great spots to take a bottle of wine and enjoy the evening, and really special restaurants away from the town for a delicious and romantic evening out.

If you are interested in coming here please send me a message, and we can tell you everything you need to know, and even help you find a reasonably priced place to stay.

Edited: 13 March 2011, 18:34
england
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

My husband and I fly into Split and will spend 2 nights in Trogir. We will then travel into Split by bus or ferry and leave our luggage at the port before taking the ferry over to Korcula for 2 nights. I have been looking at Apartments Nina which are very reasonable and have good reports. Am wondering how far they are located from the ferry port. We will have 1 large suitcase and hand luggage.

We would then if possible like to get the bus to Bosnia for 1 night staying in Masarka is this possible? leaving the next day for Dubrovnik to spend 7 nights relaxing in Cavtat.

Would appreciate any help on timetables and how long the bus journey is from Trogir to Masarka and then Marsarka to Dubrovnik.

Thankyou.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

hello, I read your info for travel on Croatia. I AM NOT TJ. I have a question: my husband and I will only be able to spend 4-5 nights in Croatia. We would like a beach area without tons of tourism. What do you think about Melia Istrian Villas? Are you familiar with this area? Looks nice on the internet.

We just want peace & quiet---scenery, and ability to sit outside.

Any info. would be of help.

Thanks,

susan

Paris, France
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

Any info on Melia Istrian Villas in Croatia?

Thanks, Susan

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
863 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

Overpriced resort with average food in a nice location.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,522 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

Imagine that...Melia Istrian Villas are in UMAG. Susan- just pm the umag poster and I am sure they will fill you in. Thanks for becoming a trip advisor member though!!!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Holiday destinations in Croatia

Do you have any other suggestions?

Nice setting, privacy----good ambience?