We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

Pittsburgh...
9 posts
Save Topic
iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

I know this question was asked somewhere before but things are changing quickly... Has anyone used iPhone (from AT&T) as GPS in Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina? Which app did you use? Can I use dedicated GPS app without mobile signal / internet data plan/charges? (I will turn off Data Roaming to avoid expensive charges...)

For example, Nav4D ( http://bit.ly/hESfUX ) sells Croatia ($24.99) and FAQ says "Does Nav4D requires an Internet connection to be used? / No, Nav4D uses offline maps so it can be used without an Internet connection ( http://bit.ly/fPTGcH ).

Thank you for your help!

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

I don't think there are any problems to use it in Croatia. The connection usually depends on the phone operator...

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

The app "mapswithme" is a great option for offline maps. It doesn't have the features of Google Maps or a GPS app but its a good start to find one's way around a new city with no 3G or wifi. Hope this helps

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

iPhone GPS app in Bosnia, nema problema = no problems = hakuna matata!

:)))

Pittsburgh...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

I used CityMaps2Go in Mostar. It was usable and useful. I also tried Nav4D Croatia but this one was a complete waste - I was so stupid :-(

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

What an AWESOME question... I didn't even think about this.

Thankyou!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,593 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

Before our trip I had asked about GPS. In the end we uploaded TomTom Eastern Europe maps and it was a fantastic help for Croatia (and much cheaper than paying SIXT for GPS rental).

It stated 60% coverage for Croatia but as far as we could tell roads were covered 100% more or less, it was rather that the additional info was lacking (not all car-parks, hotels etc). We certainly got sent on some pretty small roads e-g. across country from Knin to Novigrad.

In fact I had phoned the TomTom helpline to enquire what 60% coverage would mean and was told to look at the website, from that we could see that the road coverage was fine.

7. Re: iPhone GPS app for Croatia / Bosnia & Herzegovina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 05:18