We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timers / Deep Sea fishing

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
390 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
First Timers / Deep Sea fishing

hi all :)

We haven't yet visited Croatia and are thinking of doing so in July/Aug as i beleive the weather is good then? Hoping for late 20s/early 30s?

My questions is : I love sunbathing and a bit of culture, husband loves sea fishing, whether thats being able to fish himself from the shore or even better from the hotel premises or fishing trips out to sea. I have looked at Porec and Rijeka as both have good hotels to fish from but thinking Dubronvik might be better? Both like a little bit of nightlife as well, as long as a few bars - we are Irish after all!!!

Where would you recommend for us and any hotels that you think husband could fish from whilst i sip on a cocktail or two? We were spoilt last year as had both with All Inclusive rolled in!

Thanks all :)

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
390 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timers / Deep Sea fishing

Anyone? We are thinking 2 nights Dubrovnik, 5nights Korcula as seems to be good for fishing? Thanks

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timers / Deep Sea fishing

Both Dubrovnik and Korčula are great for sipping cocktails, but am not that informed when it comes to fishing for tourists. What I know for sure is that one needs the fishing permit for that (easily obtainable, cca 8 euros for 1 day, 21 euros for 3 days etc)

find-croatia.com/fishing-croatia/fishinglice…

Perhaps locals will know more about fishing trips offer, but I surfed a bit and it looks there are some:

avansa-travel.com/active-holiday-dubrovnik-c…

www.korculainfo.com/fishing-korcula.htm

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
390 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timers / Deep Sea fishing

Many thanks for your reply. They are the exact same links that i found :).

Sipping cocktails sounds great :) Looking forward to our holiday :) Thank you!

Croatia
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timers / Deep Sea fishing

I see Korcula-Adventures.com has a fishing adventure but don't know about any others. I also heard that if you fish from the shore you do not need a license.

5. Re: First Timers / Deep Sea fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 23:19