We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

croatia and slovenia in two and a bit weeks?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
croatia and slovenia in two and a bit weeks?

Hi,

Im planning a trip to croatia in august, starting in Dubrovnik and working my way up the coast via the islands. I was originally going to fly out of Split, but am now considering going further up the coast and then going on to Lake Bled for a few days. Is this doable, or too rushed (I'll have about 2 and half weeks)? Also how expensive would it be to get to Lake Bled (and then back to Ljubljana to fly out of)?

Are there many hostels along this route as well, and how much should I expect to pay for (very!) budget accomodation per night, seeing as it will be peak season?

Thanks!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
36,887 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: croatia and slovenia in two and a bit weeks?

Get to Split and then take a cheap Croatian Air flight to Zagreb before heading to Slovenia, visit Bled and then fly out of Ljubljana.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: croatia and slovenia in two and a bit weeks?

Barrymanilow gave you a good alternative...it seems the best one for me.

Korcula Island...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: croatia and slovenia in two and a bit weeks?

Hi,

I think you should stick to your original plan. There is more than enough to keep you extremely happy over 2 and a half weeks between Dubrovnik and Split. You could see Mljet, Korcula, Hvar and Brac. All offer some thing different. Including Split and Dubrovnik which are obviously other places to spend some quality time, that is 6 destinations split over lets say 18 days that still only gives you 3 days per place.

I have been to Bled and although it is beautiful,Ii think you should leave it till another trip and savour as much of Croatia as you can. You will not regret it as most people dont want to leave. Make sure you say 'hi' if you are coming to Korcula as we live here and are keen to help any visitors.

Edited: 22 April 2011, 12:48
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: croatia and slovenia in two and a bit weeks?

Hi,

thanks for all your replies - flying seemed the best way to Bled, so in the end i decided it wasnt worth it for such a short trip and took your advice Rachael - two weeks between Dubrovnik and Split, and save Bled for another trip.

I'll definitely be be coming to Korcula, heard amazing things about it, so might take you up on that!

5. Re: croatia and slovenia in two and a bit weeks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 23:16