We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling in/out of Istra and Zadar

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
traveling in/out of Istra and Zadar

I'll be traveling from italy to Istra/Rabac area july 17, and believe there is a ferry from Venice to get there (though our last leg in italy is lake garda so if there's a better way, pls advise). However, i've been reading that there are only certain days that the ferries run - is that true? If so which ferries are the best to reserve?

Then, I'm traveling from Rabac to Zadar and am inquiring about the best way there (least expensive). is it bus, ferry, rented car?

Lastly, we'll be leaving zadar back to U.S. on July 28. Again, I believe the best way is to fly - and it seems that all flights go to Zagreb first. If this is true, I'm contemplating taking another ferry or bus back to italy as my nephew has specific travel requirements since his flight is being included in his student itinerary and needs to be coming out of a major city in Europe (rome, paris, etc). Would someone pls recommend something? I don't think it best to fly from zadar to zagreb, then to a major city, then back to U.S. I need help!!

Thank you!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling in/out of Istra and Zadar

Re last part of journey: Easyjet flies from Split to London Gatwick, Milan Malpensa, Paris CDG and Rome Fiumicino.

The flight to Rome on 26th July is 28€, no flight on 27th, but on 28th it's 34€. Flights to Paris are already well over 100€., to Milan under 50€.

Two flights daily to Gatwick so more flexibility with that (other airports no flights on 27th)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling in/out of Istra and Zadar

Thanks for the recommendation - much appreciated! I will definitely look into easyjet travel.

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling in/out of Istra and Zadar

As luck would have it, there is a ferry from Venice to Rabac on July 17th.

www.venezialines.com

Hire car Rabac-Zadar-Zagreb is worth a look or ferry Pula-Zadar.

www.lnp.hr

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling in/out of Istra and Zadar

Thanks SO MUCH!!!! I'm reading up more on the links above and am getting a bit more calm about transporting around. Thanks again!

5. Re: traveling in/out of Istra and Zadar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 08:18