We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which One

manchester
Level Contributor
360 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Which One

We are going to go to Croatia in 2012 for holiday just dont know where to go i like the look of Istria but people say Hvar or one of the islands ,we like nice little harbours, people watching bars, somewhere to walk at night, nice view in the day,would like a nice friendly hotel.Hope we get some help.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,332 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which One

Trogir could be a good choice for you, a bijou historic town with lots of restaurants and bars, very pleasant for walks. It's also close to Split and Krka if you want a day trip or two. We stayed at Villa Jidro and had a fantastic relaxing time:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g303838-d103…

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which One

I would check where it is convenient for you to fly to as a starter.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
8,040 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which One

I would go for Istria because there are tons of little harbours and towns on which to sit and soak up the atmosphere such as Rovinj, Porec, Umag, Vrsar... You could still go to islands from there as well such as Cres. It is an extremely varied little region.

At what time of the year would you go?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which One

I'll recommend northern Dalmatia. I love Zadar and Sibenik makes an awesome day trip. Plus you're surrounded by three national parks: Kornati (islands), Krka (waterfalls), and Paklenica (mountains).

5. Re: Which One

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 14:15