We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

I am going to the Hotel Lero in Dubrovnik in August and wondered whether I would get a better rate by taking a few Kunas and changing the rest in Dubrovnik, or whether its best to get them all in the UK? Thanks!

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

You will get a better exchange rate in Dubrovnik. You can use your ATM card or exchange cash.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,180 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

I also think you will get a better rate in Croatia.

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

Please advise if there is a golf course in mimici croatia or nearby and if applicable pse let me have contact detail.

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

Pse advise if there is golfcourse at or near mimici

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

Stick to ATMs in Croatia - maybe get a few Kunas in UK before you go just so you have some in your pocket...

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

I'd suggest you buy some juna in the Uk to "get you started" and then use ATMs once there. You're liucky they are easily obtainable in the UK from banks, Thomsons etc, here in Spain it's a lot more complicated!

There are charges for ATM withdrawals, transaction fee + foreign-exchange fee but it should still work out better than changing in the UK.

Whatever you do don't buy your kuna at an airport exchange bureau as they always have the most incredible rip-off rates wherever I've looked.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

The airport exchange bureau is a poor option but the airport ATM will give you the same rate as elsewhere. I've always got kuna when I arrive. The rate in Britain is usually poor.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

Thanks so much for all your advice!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

I suippose it's my Barcelona background but I personally would prefer not to be using an ATM at an airport immediately on landing when I also have to keep an eye on my luggage etc .......

And you need to find the ATM too, of course!

10. Re: re: going to Dubrovnik, should I get Kunas in UK or Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 18:17