We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamtransfer "Beware"

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Jamtransfer "Beware"

Hi all

This is a Croatian based transfer company who do transfers all over the world and I recently booked them for an airport transfer in Corfu. They didn't turn up, my flight arrived at 23.15 and they state to contact their office if driver fails to show after 1 hour. Tried to 'phone them after midnight, but their office is closed from 24.00 to 06.00 a.m. so was left to find my own transfer. Telephoned them twice whilst on holiday and each time they said they didn't know why the driver failed to show and couldn't contact him so arranged my own transfer back to airport, and they said they would refund me in 10 days.

It took another two weeks after my return home and another two e-mails to get my refund!!!

I checked their website before booking and they state that they have only ever had two complaints, and indeed their reviews seemed to back this up?? So I therefore left my bad review on their website stating the problems I had, it was removed from their website after two days!!!!

S S W

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

I used JAM Tranfer for a shuttle service from Adelboden to Zurich Airport. As this was a Girl Guide Trip, I had contacted them a year in advance to get a quote to add into my budget.

While in Switzerland, I got an email saying that the driver miss-quoted and would not drive us for our current agreed upon price. They wanted to double the price on us. We pointed out that we had paid a deposit, and I had a confirmation email with the agreed price, and this was not our mistake, but their drivers. We waited for a response until the day before departure, then bought regional train/bus tickets to get to the airport. Not 30 minutes prior to the train office's closure, don't they call to say that they will honor the original price. A quick cab ride to the office and a loss of 10% cancellation fee for the regional tickets and we were all set.

The next morning no one arrives to take us to the airport. We had the driver's number, who kept hanging up on us as it was 7:00AM. When he did answer he told us to call head office. Finally he said "What was our problem he'd be there at 11:50". That was our flight departure time!

Needless to say we booked another firm, and just managed to make our flight, no thanks to JAM Transfer service.

To add insult to injury, when we assked for our deposit back, the driver had told JAM that we had cancelled our shuttle. We pointed out this would have been after he decided not to pick us up. It took over a month and threatening to contact VISA fraud department to get our deposit back. Jam wouldn't pay the difference or the 10% cancellation fee, cab fare, all expenses incurred due to their ineptness.

I too have posted my negative feedback on their website!

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

So now we will wait and see Cara how long before they remove your negative feedback from their website!!!

Today I have had an E-mail from them offering me a 20% discount as a past loyal customer???? Talk about adding salt to the wound!!

S S W

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

Hey guys, I got to this topic since I mentioned Jam in one of my past posts :) so I just wanted to share my opinion :)

I found their web site searching for transfer companies on Google and my friends and I used Jam to get from Split Airport to Hvar, and I must say they saved us a lot of trouble, since You need to take a ferry to the island - the driver bought us tickets and another driver was waiting for us on Hvar. The drivers were very polite, so I must say we were pretty satisfied with the service.

There are a lot of transfer companies on line nowadays, it's soooo hard to choose :) Now I'm planning a trip to the French Alps, so I'm considering using them again. My past experience with them was good, so we'll see how it goes this time. I'll keep You posted :D

Cheers!

Vienna, Austria
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

Jam Transfer in my expierience are very good. They were on time, efficient

got us to our hotel quickly and efficiently, the drivers very plesant, and the return was just as good. No hassles. Minivan was very comfortable.

I had to change our property address 2 days before our trip, even that was hassle free. So I have nothing but praise for this transfer firm and would definitely use them again.

New York, New York...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

As you can see here: http://www.jamtransfer.com/taxi/en/reviews , Cara's comment wasn't removed after all :)

Edited: 10 April 2013, 19:20
Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
39 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

I made a reservation through www.taxisplitairport.com and it seems that they are a part of Jam Transfer. Will report later on how we were treated. Didn't pay anything in advance and reserved a child seat for our toddler.

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
39 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

Used them twice in Split, no thrills at all, polite driver, child seat provided and everything worked out very smoothly. The only small notice is, that these transfer taxis are not allowed to enter old town's pedestrian zone, so if your hotel or apartment is located there, you will have to walk. Only official taxis can enter that area. We paid for the transfer between Split and the airport 31 euros (VW Passat, child seat included). Highly recommended!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

We have just used JAM transfer. We booked online from the UK using a google search and booked to be picked up from Split airport to the Raddison Blu it was a set fare of 35 euro we paid in cash on arrival at the hotel. The driver was waiting for us at the airport and was very polite. We also booked for the return journey and paid in kuna for that journey. The driver was early for us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

Hello,

Last night we booked a transfer with them from Split Airport (flying there on Monday). Today they emailed us to say that due to "the recent accession of Croatia to the European Union and due to new payment procedures, we are obliged to charge the full amount in advance for every transfer."

They sent us a link via email to pay the full amount in advance. Should we go ahead or does it sound suspicious? Why would the fact that Croatia is now in Europe make any difference? Plus this email came from their office in Serbia..

Many thanks for your advice!

Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Jamtransfer "Beware"

I had unfortunately booked transfers from Almeria Airport to La Envia using JAM Transfers and the day before flying they contacted me via email to advise that the cost of our transfers had doubled in price since booking. I booked using their online booking form and had a confirmation email advising it would cost 49euros however the day before flying had an email from them advising the transfers would actually cost 100euros. I have since been charged£18 as an administration fee for cancelling the transfers. Absolutely appauling!!!!! DO NOT USE!