We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency in Croatia

East London, South...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Currency in Croatia

Could anyone advise what the cost is in Kuna to draw cash at an ATM and what the maximum amount one can withdraw per day.

Are ATM's available in all centres and are Visa, Mastercards accepted. In SA we have a 5 digit pin and I believe that Croatia has a 4 digit pin, will this present a problem.

Any other advise on Currency would also be most welcome.

Thanks

CBS

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Five Island Speedboat Tour Featuring...
89 Reviews
from US$130.30*
Free Cancellation
Likely To Sell Out
6 Islands and Caves Small-Group Tour...
101 Reviews
from US$171.70*
Free Cancellation
Viator Exclusive: 'Game of Thrones...
624 Reviews
from US$68.10*
Free Cancellation
Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,291 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency in Croatia

For the costs for drawing and day limit ask your CC provider,ATM's are everywhere and do accept Visa and Mastercards.

IMO the pin of a CC is always the same wherever you use it.

East London, South...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency in Croatia

Thanks,

Does this mean that Croatian banks charge nothing for drawing money from their ATM's. In most countries there is a cost involved, Please just clarify on this point

CBS1234

Durham
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency in Croatia

No they don't charge. Any charges are determined by your own bank.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency in Croatia

Agree with apt22 - it's down to your bank and ask them. Never heard of 5 digit pins either....

East London, South...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency in Croatia

Boy are we being ripped off by our Banks as there is a charge per withdrawl and a cost depending on how much you draw !!!! All our credit cards in South Africa have a 5 pin digit, that the reason I asked as my son last year had major problems in Europe when he tried to draw cash( 5digit pin), Lucky for him he had an American Exp card or else he would have been stranded without cash.

So still not sure if a 5 digit pin will work !! Has anyone had experience of trying to draw cash in Croatia with a 5 digit pin, if so Please advise.

Thanks all for your responses

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
East London, South...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency in Croatia

I will be visiting the islands of Hvar and Korcular, does anyone know if there are ATM's on the islands or will one have to draw money on the mainland and take with ?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
ireland
Level Contributor
243 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currency in Croatia

There's definitely ATM's on Hvar anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
57,707 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Currency in Croatia

ATM's are all over Korcula too.

Mentioned in this post
Korcula Island
Korcula Island
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Suno, Italy
Level Contributor
320 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Currency in Croatia

You don't have to worry. It's definetely more convenient to buy Kuna when you are in Croatia, and you can do it anywhere, in banks, post offices, tourist offices. Normally post offices and tourist offices have more convenient rates than banks.

Credit cards are normally accepted. Only Amex more seldom than the others.

The number of digits of the PIN code is not an issue. I have a 4 digit code on my Amex, and a 5 digit code on my Mastercard. Both work well in Croatia.

Every island with a village has at least a post office where you can change your currency, Only, maybe, I would bring USD or EUR rather then SA Rand, which I don't know if are accepted in small post offices.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
10. Re: Currency in Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 10:20