We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any campsites on Vis

Leeds
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any campsites on Vis

Hi, lokking to stop over for a few nights as part of a tour of the islands...are there any campsites on Vis, and is the only ferry to and from the Island from Split ?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

At certain times of year, there is a Vis-Hvar catamaran, check jadrolinija website to see if it works for you. Otherwise you must travel in and out via Split.

I don't recall seeing any campsites on Vis, but private accommodations are common. The tourist board is updating their website, so it is not in English at the moment, but you can contact them--they were quite helpful when I planned my trip.

http://www.tz-vis.hr/

I did not find the bus very convenient when I was there in off-season, so you may want to rent a scooter to get around the island.

Suno, Italy
Level Contributor
175 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

There is officially no campsites on Vis. But, quite surprisingly, when we arrived in Komiza we found an unofficial campsite just suth of Komiza village.

We discovered it only when our holiday was ended, so we could not test it.

I think it might be some private owner of a piece of land who settled it. It is there, but you will not find it in any website or official tourist office.

If you try it, let me know your impression.

Stefano

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

Hi Stefano, do you have any more accurate directions to that mystery campsite? I'm thinking I will try my luck there in a few days and will let you know how it goes!

Suno, Italy
Level Contributor
175 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

Just close to Komiza, a little south of the village, by the side of the sea. If there is a way to send you a file, I may point the position on a map.

Bye,

Stefano

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

No reaction in almost a year... No camp anymore?

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

according to the croatian official camp site - no camps on vis!

The World
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

my friend is currently project managing a castle of some kind, and he says he has also heard of this campsite - me and my friend are intending to visit last week of August, will let you know!

Mostar, Bosnia and...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

Apparently, there are no camps on Vis, but you can choose from many others. Croatia is currently one of the top destinations for camping in Europe. With its untouched nature, beautiful beaches and rugged coastline on the Adriatic Sea, Croatia stands out as the ideal place for camping and camping.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

Just to note - wild camping is illegal in Croatia.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any campsites on Vis

We rented a scooter an slept at various beaches.

Repellant instead of a tent is just as good as long as there is no rain.

Lovely island indeed we shouldn't left it to the yacht owners.