We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which order to go Dub-Split-Hvar- Zadar

Level Contributor
560 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which order to go Dub-Split-Hvar- Zadar

I will be driving in May from Dubrovnik to Istria. I plan to stop for 2 nites in Split and 2 nites in Hvar before stopping at Zadar for 1 night on the way to Rovinj.

Would it be best to drive from Dubrovnik to Split and spend 2 nites there before taking car ferry to Hvar for two nites? This would mean I would then ferry back to Split from Hvar and drive directly on to Zadar.

Or

Should I drive from Dubrovnik, get the ferry the same day to Hvar for 2 nights, then ferry back to Split for two nights and then drive on to Zadar the next day?

I am not sure which way will make the drive be easier and make the best use of time. Any suggestions?

Durham
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which order to go Dub-Split-Hvar- Zadar

My suggestion would be not to bother renting a car as the places you intend to visit are all well-connected by public transport. It will be cheaper, the view will be better and you won't have to bother trying to find a parking space.

Level Contributor
560 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which order to go Dub-Split-Hvar- Zadar

Thanks for your response. I know that cars are not really needed on this part of trip, but we will be renting an automatic car which we need to reserve in advance. I do not want to take a chance with dropping rental car off in Split and then picking one up after islands for rest of trip. We will be out of luck if one is not available. Also we are not so young and do not want to be dealing with luggage on our own.

Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
59 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which order to go Dub-Split-Hvar- Zadar

First option is better

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which order to go Dub-Split-Hvar- Zadar

Use public transport and pick up the automatic in Split.

5. Re: Which order to go Dub-Split-Hvar- Zadar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:18