We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to holiday in Croatia?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to holiday in Croatia?

Hello!

My family are looking to go on holiday at the end of August to Croatia, but don't really know where to go!

It is a big extended family holiday and there are a range of ages from older children to teenagers to adults to my gran!

We are looking for somewhere with nice beaches, things to do in the day and pleanty of places to eat out and things to do! A lively atmosphere would be great!

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!

Many thanks in advance! :) x

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,639 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to holiday in Croatia?

My first thought after reading that was the Makarska Riviera.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to holiday in Croatia?

Around Split, maybe Makarska, Zaton near Zadar, Crikvenica, Umag...Well, you really have a lot of choices....

Bihac, Federation...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to holiday in Croatia?

Id suggest you to go to Zaton - Zadar I go there every year in the last 15 years and its awesome every year !

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to holiday in Croatia?

for more help and ideas, please check the croatian tourist board site at http://croatia.hr/en-GB/Homepage

definitely choose somewhere to the south, i.e. Zadar, Split or Dubrovnik area. there's really an abundance of places to choose from... perhaps a trip to one of the islands would do your family some good, with a plenty for all...

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to holiday in Croatia?

South may be too hot for people from the UK.

I'd recommend Istria (possibly Rovinj area) or islands in the Kvarner Bay. You may check my MTB Street view movies from these areas. There are many, so browse through my YouTube channel, but start here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M35I33JH00.

With so many people, it could make sense going to a camping site (it's much more than just the tents and caravans :)). I'm sure the kids would love it, you're always by the sea, with the fresh air, the smells of pine trees... And so many things to see and do all around, including a possible short trip to Venice. Or Pula. Or Grožnjan and Motovun. Or the vineyards. Or just the sea. :)

6. Re: Where to holiday in Croatia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 07:19