We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip Croatia

sydney
Level Contributor
29 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip Croatia

Can I have some honest opinions on my Itinerary.

Hiring a car in Dubrovnik and driving up the coast, Istria then finish in Zargreb 10 days.

Day 1 Dubrovnik - Korcula - Makarska

Day 2 Makarska - Sumartin - Makarska - Brela

Day 3 Brela - Omis - Split

Day 4 Split - Hvar

Day 5 Split - Trogir - Sibenik - Primosten

Day 6 Sibenik - Plitvice NP

Day 7 Plitvice to Opatija

Day 8 Istria region

Day 9 Istria to Zagreb

Day 10 Zagreb

Is this too adventurous? What would you leave out. Must start Dubrovnik and finish Zagreb.

Thanks in advance

Edited: 08 May 2012, 02:36
Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Istria
Istria
Croatia
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip Croatia

Ok this just doesn't look like its going to work out and I think you need to re-think your plans. First of all you have way too little time in each place and you will see Croatia's roads but not their cities. I think you need to spend more time in Dubrovnik as going from Dubrovnik to Makarska via Korcula is just not feasible.

I think that is all I will say right now because your itinerary just made my head spin and I need to take a break from it. Sorry!

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip Croatia

First 3 days are confusion. Make it simply 1-Dubrovnik, 2- Korcula, 3-Split.

Makarska, Brela and Omis, you can do in one morning, or afternoon. In Sibenik, you want to see Cathedral? One hour enough.

Forget Primosten. Go to Zadar.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
3. Re: Road trip Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:15