We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zagreb to Split

Loveland, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Zagreb to Split

what is the best mode of transportation from Zagreb to Split? If it is by bus, where do I find the bus schedule?

Edited: 11 May 2012, 01:58
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zagreb to Split

Rent-a car, bus, air, train - all available.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,479 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zagreb to Split

Best by plane in my opinion.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zagreb to Split

For comfort and scenery (and cheapness too) take the train.

Two daily 'ICN' tilting trains link Zagreb with Split.

The 07:50 ICN from Zagreb arrives Split at 14:09, the 14:04 ICN arrives Split at 20:38.

From 16 June to 2 September 2012 there's also a third train, leaving Zagreb at 10:55 arriving Split at 18:47. You can check train times using www.bahn.de/en and just buy a ticket at the station, there's almost always places available.

Zagreb to Split is a very scenic train ride, with mountains, lakes, rivers, and even vineyards. A real treat by train!

The ICN trains are modern, spacious and air-conditioned, German-built I think, and the fare includes a complimentary coffee & sandwich. ICN trains tilt round the bends on this mountainous route, and when they were introduced a few years ago they cut the journey time to 5½ hours from a previous best of around 8 hours.

There's also an overnight sleeper.

Edited: 11 May 2012, 21:13
4. Re: Zagreb to Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:41