We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
132 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

HI,

My husband and I are going to be driving a car down the Coast of Croatia coming from Austria and Slovenia. I have scheduled 10 nights and am wondering if I have enough time to do all that I want to do, or if I am squeezing too much in. Here is the itinerary I have set up as of right now:

2 nights Rovinj

1 night Zadar

2 nights Hvar

3 nights Dubrovnik

2 nights Montenegro - Kotor Bay

Return to Dubrovnik and depart from airport there

I know this is a lot of driving, but we like to see the countryside and then explore the towns while there. Not really into the hiking, and sporting activities. I had wanted to stay at Korcula too, but that doesn't seem to fit in with the ferry schedules and time involved. Any suggestions or improvements to our itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

If you don't have serious personal reasons to stay in Kotor, than skipping Sibenik, Split, Trogir, Omis, Makarska, Peljesac peninsula, Korcula and Mostar does not make sense.

But, it's your trip, you pay for it , have fun.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,493 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

Way too much territory covered for me in that short of a time period. I guess if you wanted to do it I would spend an extra night in Zadar after all that driving and skip Hvar.

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

Guys, I wanted to go to someplace in Croatia not bigger than Hvar, with a nice beach (probably not in a big city), lets say a village with a good structure for tourists and with a beautiful beach and not as far as Hvar from Slovenia...do you know somwhere in Croatia with this attributes?

Thanks!

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

I realy enjoy Mali Losinj! The town and its bay is not as party central as Hvar but still has some action with restaurants and a few clubs. The beach about 15 minute walk from the town is great with not to much overcrowding. From here in Slovenia your only about an hours drive to the ferry terminal located on the main road half way between Pula and Opatija. Once crossed its about another 90 minute drive to the town of Mali Losinj located at the extreme tip of the island. Its definitely closer than Hvar!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

Cres, Mali Losinj, Veli Losinj and anything at those islands...

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

Nice!Thanks friend!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,493 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

You could also look into the island of Krk...Punat, Baska.....

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

Thanks Friend!!This helped me a lot!

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

Hello there!

Last year i went to Hvar and it was awesome, really good. This year, my friends and I decided to come back to Croatia, but now we want to move a little up and go to Zrce Beach, near Novalja. We are looking for party like in Hvar, with nice girls and good music. Are we going to find it there or Hvar is better than Zrce?

Looking forward to the answer! Many tks.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,493 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 Nights In Croatia Itinerary Question

It all depends on when you are planning on going.