We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please critique my Croatian itinerary

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
314 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Please critique my Croatian itinerary

I'm looking to explore a bit of Croatia at the beginning of September, during a self-driven tour and I would very much appreciate any comments,suggestions or ideas regarding my itinerary.

A 'disculpatory' note before you start: I do realise that it includes a lot of moving around, more than I would usually go for; however, this time I've had a real hard time choosing and eliminating, so I felt compelled to try it.

Day 1: Sightseeing in Dubrovnik - we will have arrived the previous evening, from Sarajevo. Sleep in Dubrovnik.

Day 2: Drive from Dubrovnik to Split and visit Split. Sleep in Split.

Day 3: Sightseeing in Split and visit Trogir. Sleep in Split.

Day 4: Drive to Zadar, visit Sibenik and Zadar. Sleep in Zadar.

Day 5: Visit Rab, sleep in Rab Town.

Day 6: Go from Rab to Plitvice Lakes, visit Plitvice, then continue to Zagreb - or stay the night around Plitvice and go to Zagreb in the mirning?

Day 7: Sightseeing in Zagreb

Day 8: Leave Zagreb during the morning, to drive to Belgrade and back home.

Well, that's the (rough) plan - what do you think, have I missed something I absolutely should no, am I planning to spend too much time somewhere - doubt it :) ?

Many,many thanks in advance for any kind of feedback.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,008 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please critique my Croatian itinerary

Yes thats lots of moving around. I think its doable, but you will be spending lots of time on roads and not enough time soaking up Croatia. You are visiting some very nice places though. Too much time somewhere? I think not! Good luck and have a great trip!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please critique my Croatian itinerary

Prepare good plan what you want to visit and you can do it. Me and my wife, 2 years ago, in 3 days visited: Stolac and Capljina in Bosnia, Metkovic, Dubrovnik, Split, Trogir, Sibenik, Zadar and Tesla's birthplace in Smiljan (Gospic) and arrived late third day in Zagreb.

For example, we went to Sibenik, walked around Cathedral, pushed our noses inside (there was active service going on), went down toward bus station (we parked car there), got some ice-cream and espresso. That's it. It took about 1,5 hours all together. Sibenik - done! Zadar it took about 3 hours: Archaeological museum, St. Donatus (inside and outside), Cathedral, couple of other churches, sea organ, Forum, coffee again, a few souvenirs walk around old city and we were DONE.

3. Re: Please critique my Croatian itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:16