We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging kuna from small currency

Gwangju, South Korea
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Exchanging kuna from small currency

Does anyone have experience with getting kuna from a smaller currency in Croatia? I'll be coming from South Korea, and am unsure if banks would be willing to accept the exchange. Of course I'm sure I can order money here, but I've read you get a much better rate inside Croatia.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging kuna from small currency

You mean COINS? I am not sure if they echange foreign coins....

Gwangju, South Korea
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging kuna from small currency

No no, just bills but in South Korea banks are very hesitant to accept foreign currency that isn't a "major" one.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchanging kuna from small currency

You will know that the easiest and best value to get Kune is to use an ATM with your debit card.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
216 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchanging kuna from small currency

Check with your bank that cards are working outside South Korea and then do go for ATM. They're everywhere and yes, rate is the best.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchanging kuna from small currency

Croatian banks usually accept for exchange these foreign currencies: AUD, CAD, CZK, DKK, HUF, JPY, NOK, SEK, CHF, GBP, USD, BAM, EUR & PLN

6. Re: Exchanging kuna from small currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:16