We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on a route....(Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro)

vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on a route....(Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro)

I will be travelling in September, and the only way (time,money) I can continue the second part of my trip is by arriving in split. For the second part of my trip, I want to go to Dubrovnik, sarajevo, Mostar, and various places in Montenegro. Planning to rent a car in Dubrovnik (and returning it there, as flying out of dubrovnik at the end) after staying there a couple days. I have figured out 2 ways to make this work, looking for some advice:

Option 1: bus from split to Dubrovnik. Stay 2 nights. Rent car and make a circle, going down to Montenegro, then up through Bosnia to Sarajevo, Mostar, back to Dubrovnik

Option 2: go from Split to Sarajevo with bus, then to Mostar, Dubrovnik, also with bus. Then when renting car in Dubrovnik, go down to Montenegro, and back up to Dubrovnik at the end to return car and get flight out.

Any advice on these options would be truly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Mostar
Mostar
Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
Sarajevo
Sarajevo Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on a route....(Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro)

You can rent car in Split, do all of the travel and return to Dubrovnik. How is about that?

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on a route....(Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro)

Sorry - I forgot to say that I want to drop off car from same location I pick up (cost savings).

3. Re: Advice on a route....(Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:16