We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go????

Newcastle, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to go????

I'm looking to go on holiday with my boyfriend at the start of September and were thinking of going to Croatia but I know nothing about it. We are looking to go somewhere with lovely beaches and nice sunsets basically? Somewhere with a bit of life but not a complete boozy resort. Thanks x

Holmfirth, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go????

Croatia is mainly pebble beaches the majority of trippers go to split, Dubrovnik and then island hop around korcula, hvar

And the smaller miljet and brac .

Croatia is not your typical Mediterranean break. You could always go further south into Montenegro to see kotor southern europes largest fjord and budva which is a sandy beach resort, full of Serbians .. We heard very few English voices when we went 5 years ago.. Loved it though

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go????

Try island Rab, all of Istria, Brioni islands, Brela, island Hvar...you can find what you are serching for in Croatia. Google Croatia top beaches.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go????

I've spent the last few weeks planning my first trip to Croatia! I bought the Rough Guide to Croatia which I can really recommend that, it has lots of good info and covers plenty of places. How long you away for? We are going down the whole coast from Pula in north and ending in Dubrovnik with a bit of island hoping on the way - but we have the luxury of 3 weeks!

Oh yes and I noticed you're from Newcastle as well - which is the city of my birth! Howay the lads!

Rijeka, Croatia
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go????

I recommend that You check on Internet west coast of Istria, places like Porec, Rovinj and Dalmatian islands Hvar and Brac. Also You can check cities Dubrovnik and Zadar.

September is already post season so it wont be crowded like in peak of season anywhere.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go????

You can find incredible sunsets at the Island Cres and Losinj. Mali Losinj would be exactly what you are looking for.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go????

I think you need to decide where you might arrive in Croatia as in which airport as you are getting great recommendations but they are hundreds of miles apart. Will you fly into Pula, Zadar, Split or Dubrovnik?

Newcastle, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go????

Thanks, this is all really helpful. I need to get some research done I think!!!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go????

I recently had a nice holiday on the Island of Pag. I flew into Zadar, and then drove with friends to Novalja. I understand that this is often seen as a bit of a party place, but I found that since the main clubbers beach was a bus/drive away, this wasn't an issue for me. I stayed in a modern, one bed top floor appartment, which was very reasonably priced. It had lovely sunny views over the sea, and there was a beautiful beach about a 15 minute walk away (not obvious to get to unless someone tells you the way). It's pebbles and rocks on the beaches on this island, but this particular beach had a stunning white sand bar that you could walk out to, and the shops in town sell those shoes for walking on rocks and pebbles. There were some nice restaurants in town. This was mostly a relaxing holiday for me, but my friends and I did drive to the mainland to go to a very beautiful National Park and we also took a ferry to Rab, to see Medieval stuff.

Let me know if you want the details of the appartment I stayed in, but I'm sure there are plenty of options on the island.

9. Re: Where to go????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 06:15