We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split or Zadar

Edinburgh, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Split or Zadar

I am travelling from Slovenia to Dubrovnik over 9 days and am trying to work out where to stay ? I plan to spend a few days in Plitvice lakes national park.

Should I base myself in Zadar or Split or do a few days in both?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split or Zadar

1 day in Plitvice and few days in both - Split and Zadar.

Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Split or Zadar

Thanks for your help.

I love walking and thought Plitvice looked so nice that I may want to stay a few days there?

Can you recommend somewhere near the bus route to stay?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split or Zadar

Hi,

If you can split your time between the two.

For accommodation depending on your budget. ??

Try Villa Mukinja / Hotel Jezero

Edited: 14 July 2012, 15:23
Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Split or Zadar

Thank you!

My friend and I are going so trying to get a twin room for around £40 each a night?

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
690 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Split or Zadar

Hi Caroline,Jezero is most convenient if you can get booking/price.Also if you stay there you will pay only 1ticket for the park valid for 2days,since the hotel is within the National park.In that case you can do 1-2 nights there and continue to Zadar,it is en route to Split and worth visiting,or even more worth would be Sibenik.This way you would get to know towns of Dalmatia. And if you love parks,you may consider visiting the nearby Sibenik-NP Krka.Hope you will enjoy.

6. Re: Split or Zadar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:16