We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

Hi I need some help planning my holiday in Croatia. Me and 1 friend (both female aged 21) will be flying into Dubrovnik in October and then leaving by train probably to Ljubljana.

We will spend the first 2 nights in Dubrovnik.

After that we don't know!

We originally thought Split but after reading a lot of posts on here this doesn't seem to be a top choice.

We also wanted to visit Plitvice National Park.

Any suggestions for what we should do after leaving Dubrovnik? We will have 3 more nights before leaving Croatia.

Suggestions I have read so far (Rovinj, Hvar, Pula, Zadar, Pag)

We are young so enjoy partying but also really enjoy history, scenery and outdoor activities.

Any help would be awesome thanks!

Durham
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

Ljubljana is a long way from Dubrovnik for a short trip and you can't get there by rail. For 5 nights I think you need to choose a part of Croatia, e.g. Dubrovnik to Split/Trogir or Istria and explore that.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

Sorry I didn't really make that very clear... After 5 nights in Croatia we are going on to Slovenia. So i meant leaving Croatia by train to Ljubljana not from Dubrovnik.

So Split or Istria for the other 3 nights?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

Go to Split. Forget about Istria.

Trust me. When I was young, craziest parties were in Split.

I am not sure these days. But, I believe it's pretty much the same...

BTW, there is no trains in Dubrovnik.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

Yup yup i know there is no trains :)

Awesome Split it is then!

Do you think we could still feasibly fit in Plitvice?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,027 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

Plitvice will be on your way to Slovenia from Dalmatia so I think it can be done. Zadar might also be a place to look into for a night on the way up to Slovenia.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

Hmmm Split in October, not much to do then, specially if you will be there during the work days.

Split is good if you wish to get some history and you can get to Trogir in 30 min by local bus and see that, one day there and then go to Plitvice for an afternoon, after that you can go to Zagreb directly and party for a day, friday and saturday are the best but during the week you can get some good partys also.

From Zagreb you can get to Ljubljana with a train in 2h.

7. Re: Croatia Itinerary - 5 nights - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:17