We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split/Ferries help please!

London, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Split/Ferries help please!

Hi!

My boyfriend and are planning to go on holiday in Croatia next May/June...

Our plan is to stay in Split but hire a car for 3 days and make 3 trips:

1. Trip to KrKa National Park by car

2.Trip to Havar by car/ ferry

3. Trip to Bol on Brac island by car/ferry

As we are planning to book a hotel/apartment for 7 days in Split we were planning to just make day trips of Havar and Brac. So I was basically just wondering whether anyone knows whether the ferries run often and early/late enough to make day trips of these visits. Obviously we want to set off pretty early and leave lateish to make the most of them....

Also, do you think Split is a decent place to stay? We know theres not loads of nice beachees there but we're hoping for a few nice beaches and somewhere close to the ferry terminal and the old town so that our trips are convenient but we can also enjoy Split on the other days. I know a lot of people say that Dubrovnik is better but we really want to go to Hvar and as we're only staying a week and are on quite a limited budget we think that staying in Split is the best option for us.

Any opinions on stopping in Split and the ferry situation would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Beth

Durham
Level Contributor
4,551 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split/Ferries help please!

It would cost about £80 return to take your car on the ferry for a day in Hvar and there are only three sailings a day in May. I would save the money on car hire and the cost of taking a car on the ferries and stay in Hvar town and Bol and use the catamarans. Hvar and Bol are expensive in high season but you can get decent private accommodation in May/early June for a reasonable price.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 12:01
London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Split/Ferries help please!

Thanks for the advice. Do you know whether it is hot in Croatia in late May/early June?

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,731 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split/Ferries help please!

May can be very warm and June is the start of the real heat. The sea is a bit cool for swimming in May but good in June. I think a couple of days on each island is a good idea.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Split/Ferries help please!

Thanks a lot for your reply!

5. Re: Split/Ferries help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 10:17