We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two week Croatia itinerary

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Two week Croatia itinerary

I have recently come back from two weeks in Croatia and thought I would share my itinerary with you as I struggled to find any when planning my trip!

We flew to Dubrovnik for our first three nights and pre booked a taxi (through taxidubrovnik) so it was cheaper to our hotel (Dubrovnik Palace). Our first afternoon was spent wandering around the city walls and having dinner at the Taj Mahal! The second day we went sea kayaking around Lokrum Island, which included lunch and snorkelling followed by an afternoon by the hotel pool and the final day we hired a car and drove to Montenegro where we visited Kotor and Budva beach before walking to Lapad bay on our return for dinner.

On day four we drove up the coast road so Split (took 3.5hours) where we checked into an apartment. We had a wander around the city and dinner....

On day five we took a ferry to Hvar where we spent six nights at the Amfora Grand Beach Resort. We spent the days lazying by the pool and the evenings eating and drinking in the amazing bars and restaurants around the town. We took a day trip to the Blue & Green Cave and Vis Island through a guy called Vinko, which was well worth it and we also hired a little motor boat (£80 - for five people) and spent the day speeding around the Pakleni Islands and anchoring up and diving off!

On leaving Hvar we took the ferry back to Split and drove to Piltvice Lakes via Krka Falls. We had pre booked a room at the Etno Houses in Piltvice Selo, which were amazing! The following day we spen the morning trekking around the lakes and taking it all in before driving to Zagreb in the afternoon.

In Zagreb we stayed at Hotel Dubrovnik and dined at Trilojica, which was the best meal we ate by far! In the morning we did a Segway tour with Zee, which was really good fun before driving back to the airport, dropping off the car and taking an inetrnal flight (45mins and £40 each) back to Dubrovnik.

On arrival at Dubrovnik airport we took a 10minute taxi ride to Cavtat to spend our last two nights in Hotel Croatia. This was a fantastic hotel, with all the facilities you could ask for. It was a short 10minute walk into a gorgeous little coastal town with bars and restaurants. It was the perfect relaxing two nights we needed to end our holiday with.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
2,191 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Lokrum
Lokrum
108 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Kotor
Kotor
Kotor Municipality, Montenegro
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Lapad
Lapad
967 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort
Amfora Hvar Grand Beach...
2,118 Reviews
Hvar Island, Croatia
Green Cave
Green Cave
62 Reviews
Island of Vis, Croatia
Pakleni Islands
Pakleni Islands
929 Reviews
Hvar Island, Croatia
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Krka National Park
Krka National Park
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Hotel Dubrovnik
Hotel Dubrovnik
1,512 Reviews
Zagreb, Croatia
Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Cavtat
Cavtat
Konavle, Croatia
Hotel Croatia
Hotel Croatia
178 Reviews
Baska Voda, Croatia
manchester
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

Sounds great! Im planning a 2 week holiday split between Hvar (considering hiring an apartment due to cost) and cavtat (hotel Croatia is on our potential list!). Great to hear such good things!

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Hotel Croatia
Hotel Croatia
178 Reviews
Baska Voda, Croatia
Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
9,044 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

Your trip sounds awesome! FYI for future trips to Croatia, you will find tons of two-week itineraries here on TA. You did a great job without, though! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

A good report - I would be interested in knowing how much you used your car whilst on Hvar - was it worth taking over? And, what was so great about the Zagreb meal over all the others???

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

We didn't use the car in Hvar at all but it was really expensive for a one way hire for less than three days from Dubrovnik to Split and then Split to Zagreb, so the cost was the same. It also saved the hassle of returning the car at Split and taking the ferry with all our luggage followed by a bus and then hiring a new car on our return to Split but you do not need a car in Hvar at all!

The meal in Zagreb was amazing as it was a surprise tasting menu, I did write a review here on TA. The food was such good quality and so reasonably priced and the waitors made it a great experience!

Definitely try Hotel Croatia, we weren't disappointed!

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Split
Split
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Hotel Croatia
Hotel Croatia
178 Reviews
Baska Voda, Croatia
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

Trilogija is one of the best small restaurants in Zagreb and never fails. Daily menu is formed based on what chef gets at the nearby market.

Mentioned in this post
Trilogija
Trilogija
979 Reviews
Zagreb, Croatia
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Sydney
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

Hi there. Can you please advise hoe to access trip reports and itinerary on TA . I have been trawling through forum posts and coming across the odd one but want to know if they can be accessed somewhere together? We are heading to Croatia for 2 weeks in Late Sept starting in Dubrovnik and flying out of Zagreb so I am v interested in reading other people's trip reports or itineraries. Thanks for you thoughts and time

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
54,573 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

I just put trip report in the search box and a bunch came up...I don't think there is any other was to access this info on this site.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

Hi, your trip sounds amazing and we are planning a similar route. Did you rent a car in split and drop it off in Zagreb? How much was the car and was it expensive to drop it off in a different location?

Also, if you did it over again, would you go back to the towns in Montenegro or just stay longer in Croatia?

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Sydney
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

thanks!!

Mill Bay, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two week Croatia itinerary

Loved your itinery. Did you rent a car only for the last part of your trip? We are going early September and are doing it in reverse, starting at Zagreb, going to parts of Istria (including postojna caves on the way) before leaving for Split. Then exploring islands, etc. before finishing up at Dubrovnic.

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Istria
Istria
Croatia
Split
Split