We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't find a Sunday ferry from Venice to Rovinj (in June)

Twin Cities
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can't find a Sunday ferry from Venice to Rovinj (in June)

I understand that most ferry schedules are not available

yet, but even looking at last years, I'm having trouble finding a ferry from Venice to

Rovinj on a Sunday. I prefer not to rent a car and want to leave from Venice. I've tried most of the lines, any I might be missing. Help or suggestions are appreciated. I

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't find a Sunday ferry from Venice to Rovinj (in June)

The proposed schedule for 2013 is on the Venezia Lines website, not showing any service on a Sunday in June with Istria though. Best to wait for timetable confirmation before making definite plans.

Twin Cities
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't find a Sunday ferry from Venice to Rovinj (in June)

I wish I could, but Croatia reservations hinge on when we get there. Rick Steves mentioned Venezia has no Sunday ferries, so I'm looking for a solution in advance. An extra night in Venice will be too pricey. It's a good problem to have, but I still would like to figure it out.

Portoroz, Slovenia
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't find a Sunday ferry from Venice to Rovinj (in June)

Hi, the Dora ferry operates from Venice direct to Rovinj. Visit www.commodore.hr or write to aldino@commodore.hr to check if it will be the case in 2013. Write back if you get no reply.

Bournemouth, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't find a Sunday ferry from Venice to Rovinj (in June)

I've just been looking for the same - looks like Commodore ferries have a once weekly sailing and that seems to be on a SUnday.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't find a Sunday ferry from Venice to Rovinj (in June)

You have to know that these ferries are not the typical commuter ferries taking people back and forth to work and school like most Croatian island ferries. The Venice-Croatia andto Slovenia ferries are for touristd and only on given days of the week and more pricier than commuter ferries. So if Sunday is a must travel day its down to rental car or train and bus combo. Trainto Trieste and bus into Croatia but thats a vig problem on Sundays too! Have done it this way for the same reason Venice hotel vrry expensive took the train good frequent service to TRieste and overnighted there before bus to Croatia on Monday. Trieste hotels or pensions are fraction of what Venice is and not a ba place to discover!

6. Re: Can't find a Sunday ferry from Venice to Rovinj (in June)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 07:17