We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia & Bosnia: Is this itinerary feasible?

SimplicitLy
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia & Bosnia: Is this itinerary feasible?

Hi,

I'm doing a 2 week trip to Croatia/Bosnia in May. The only fixed part of our itinerary so far is a 1 week Bosnia tour departing from Split and returning to Dubrovnik that we have to account for (5/25-5/31).

Itinerary and Questions below:

Arrive Zagreb Saturday 5/18. Rent a car. Overnight in Zagreb.

Sunday 5/19: Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes. Overnight in Plitvice Lakes.

Monday 5/20: Plitvice Lakes to Split. Return rental car. Overnight in Split.

Tuesday 5/21: Split to Hvar. Hvar for 3 nights.

Friday 5/24: Hvar to Split. Overnight in Split.

Saturday 5/25: Kick off Bosnia Tour. 6 night tour through Bosnia.

Friday 5/31: Arrive in Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik for 3 nights.

Monday 6/3: Return to US.

My questions:

Zagreb: Arrival into Zagreb isn’t until 10:30 PM local time. There is no time allocated to explore Zagreb. In order to spend 1 day in Zagreb, I would sacrifice 1 night in Hvar. Is that worth it?

Split: First arrival into Split from Plitvice is by car. Probably late afternoon. Second arrival into Split will be by Ferry, probably early afternoon. That means actual time in Split is only 2 half days. Is this okay? Again, do we sacrifice a day in Hvar to spend more time in Split?

Dubrovnik: Is it worth staying an extra day to do a day trip to Montenegro?

Last Question – Is this itinerary too aggressive? The alternative is to fly directly into Split, and just enjoy extra time in Split & Hvar, and skip Plitvice altogether. Any other suggestions?

Edited: 04 March 2013, 18:16
Virginia
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia & Bosnia: Is this itinerary feasible?

Perhaps you can get to Hvar the day you arrive in Split? That way, you would not have to split up the two one-nighters in Split.

I stick with 3 days in Hvar. Zagreb is really up to you. I found it an underrated city, but there is nothing wrong with sacrificing it to maximize your time elsewhere.

The Bosnia tour sounds fascinating.

Even with 3 days in Dubrovnik you would have time to visit Montenegro if you wish.

It really depends on your preferences, because Plitvice is amazing, but flying into Split would omit the three one-night stays in a row. You might even be able to visit from Split.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia & Bosnia: Is this itinerary feasible?

What is your plan for Bosnia?

NZ
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia & Bosnia: Is this itinerary feasible?

I'm also looking for something on Bosnia so would be interested in any information you have. (PM if you think it may be construed as advertising). Thanks

4. Re: Croatia & Bosnia: Is this itinerary feasible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 06:18