We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia Island Hopping Route

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia Island Hopping Route

Hi there,

I'm hoping to go to Croatia in early September this year with my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I want to go island hopping from Split down to Dubrovnik or vice versa. We would like a bit of nature, gorgeous beaches, a bit of culture but nothing too wild. Also snorkelling if there is any! Does anyone have a route that they could suggest if we land on a Saturday?

How long would you also suggest in each place? I have heard good things about Vis but from what I can see on a ferry map it seems difficult to get to! Also, would you prebook rooms or get them when you're there. Don't mind staying in budget-like accommodation but want a private room with bathroom!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Durham
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia Island Hopping Route

There's no problem getting from Split to Vis by ferry or catamaran. If you left Vis on a Tuesday you could go direct to Hvar Town without going via Split. I prefer Komiza to Vis Town. In September you probably do not have to book in advance.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,471 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia Island Hopping Route

Vis is so beautiful and peaceful it would be a shame to miss it...good advice has already been given on how to get on and off of Vis. I would also try to pre-book accommodations as you won't have to spend time looking for an adequate place when you get to your destinations!

3. Re: Croatia Island Hopping Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 13:09
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,935 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia Island Hopping Route

no, no hans....

could we all hit the button, please...

5. Re: Croatia Island Hopping Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 05:16