We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
beaches

what are beaches like in Croatia?

and where are there nice sandy ones and not shingle?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches

http://www.croatia-beaches.com/

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,781 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches

There aren't too many sandy beaches which is fine with me...the clarity of the water makes up for the lack of sand. Don't be put off by the lack of sand beaches.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
69 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches

Are there any sandy beaches in Opatia?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches

You get practised at finding the most comfortable rocks. As I don't like sand and the water is to die for swimming in I don't mind. There is Sunj sand beach on Lopud and several on Rab island.

Edited: 13 March 2013, 08:12
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
503 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches

There is few sandy beaches along the coast,but there are mostly rocks.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches

where do you tend to find the sandy beaches?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beaches

Did you not peruse the website I suggested? It lists practically every beach in the country and organizes them by location and type. Is it really necessary to ask someone to spell it out for you? There are not that many accessible sandy beaches, so it will take you like 5 seconds to read about them.

8. Re: beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 04:17