I'm looking at going to Croatia next year (or possibly even the year after). I've never been, and have a few questions to help me get started. Any answers you can give are greatly appreciated.
1. How easy or difficult is it to travel between towns? I don't drive, so renting a car is not an option. I'd like to see 2-5 different places (looking mainly at coastal areas rather than inland), but if travel is hard I'll probably stay in one place.
2. If I do stay in one area, I'd do a couple day trips (either organised tours or places I can reach by bus/train). Where would be a good base for this?
3. How long of a trip do you recommend? I realize this varies widely, but in your opinion. I'd like to see 2-5 places, as I mentioned above.
4. How easy is it to find vegetarian food options? I don't need a wide variety, as long as there are a few options for me. Are some areas better than others for this?
5. What is the best time of year to visit in terms of weather? Price? (I realize these will likely be opposites - that's okay!)