We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on my itinerary, what do you guys think??

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
330 posts
Save Topic
Update on my itinerary, what do you guys think??

I've been working on my itinerary and I've start booking some places. I've made some choices, cut some places, add some, but in the end it should look like this:

June 10, late arrival in Duborvnik, 10pm

June 11, Dubrovnik

June 12, Dubrovnik

June 13, Daytrip to Kotor, Montenegro

June 14, Dubrovnik

June 15, Mostar, Bosnia, overnight

June 16, Split

June 17, Split

June 18, 7h30am car ferry to Hvar

June 19, Hvar

June 20, Hvar, 5h00pm car ferry back to Split, overnight in Split

June 21, Daytrip to Brac, return to Split

June 22, Early departure tu Plitvice, spend 3-4 hours, then off to Zagreb

June 23, Zagreb

June 24, Zagreb

June 25, Departure

We will rent a car, travel with our 1 year old baby.

My only question marks are june 21, daytrip to Brac or go to Zadar to be closer to Plitvice for the drive the day after. Is june 22 too big of a day, drive, visit, drive? Any restaurents near Plitvice? We decided not to go to Korcula finally, I would like to, but can't see everything.

Thank you for your comments.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,180 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on my itinerary, what do you guys think??

Great itinerary.....I really like how you have set things up and you are spending quality time in some great places. To answer your question about Zadar or Brac I think I would head to Zadar and explore there instead of going back out to an island. Zadar is so underrated and as you said it will also get you closer to Plitvice. Have a great trip!

Durham
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on my itinerary, what do you guys think??

You could certainly do that itinerary, but for me it's better suited to spring or autumn. In summer I would be looking to travel a bit less and to spend more time on the islands and less in towns and cities. If by Brac you mean Bol it would cut down on travel to do a day trip from Hvar rather than Split. Does your accommodation in Dubrovnik have car parking? If not finding somewhere to park in Dubrovnik can be difficult and/or expensive. Cars are also banned from the centre of Hvar Town.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
330 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on my itinerary, what do you guys think??

Yes our hotel has a cap parking in Dubrovnik, it is a little bit outside of Dubrovnik, 5-10 minutes out (Dubrovnik Palace). I would have loved to spend more time on the Islands, but the ferries schedule make it complicated, and with a baby I prefer to simplify things rather than improvise, had I not have a car, I would have taken the catamarans, which look more flexible, but thats not the case, so I have to do the best with what I can.

I do love cities though, and they are by the sea, so I hopefully the feeling will still be good.

thank you for your comment.

Nicolas

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update on my itinerary, what do you guys think??

with a baby, the best thing would be Zadar, not Brac, i.e. after Hvar go directly to Zadar (1hr drive), to get closer to Plitvice.

June 20, Hvar, 5h00pm car ferry back to Split, overnight in Zadar

June 21, Zadar

June 22, Early departure to Plitvice, spend 3-4 hours, then off to Zagreb - this is ok, particularly if from Zadar. It takes 1.5hrs Zadar-Plitvice, and 2hrs Plitvice-Zagreb. Hotels at Plitvice usually have good food, but you might prefer a less touristy local restaurants at Rakovica, just after Plitvice direction Zagreb.

Enjoy Croatia :)

5. Re: Update on my itinerary, what do you guys think??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 05:18