We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

I am just thinking out loud but to my knowlege this forum works great when our destination experts respond well to their areas of expertise, when people like myself respond to overall questions again based on our experiences in the travel profesion, so far so good!! Lately however some contribtors are responding to every single question put up every single day on the Croatia forum , I just counted close to 100 a day by one contributor alone, this to me is realy watering down the product and loosing the whole point of these forums. If this person has the time to respond 100 times a day ( I wish I had so much free time ) then honestly when does this person actualy have time to visit, travel, and experience the subjects being answered about. Just a thought how about limiting the answers to forum questions say at 10 for each 24 hour period??? Waiting to hear all of your thoughts!!!!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

I noticed the same thing and like you thought how does she have the time. I also thought that for some unknow reason she is trying to get her post count up.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

hi guys,

is there some kind of contest going on here?

if so, could you explain exactly what kind of contest. Thanks!!!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

I agree with Peter and it doesn't matter whether is she or he...It is obvious that someone without a single review or visits to some places and with over hundred or thousand replies may not have the experience like some who write the true facts from all over the world...the fact that you can easily check

And what is the purpose of responding to each post in a negative context? Promotion of tourism in Croatia or somewhere else? No way :(

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

@PeterCMontreal - I have no idea what you are hinting at in your original post - please come out and say what you mean - this is particularly important as you are targeting an individual in your post.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

Hi Jude C and I don't know what your question is as I mentioned destination experts like yoursel respond well to their areas of expertise! Zadarfan and Bojan seem to know exactly what I am refering to, where as Happyby pleasure thinks this is acontest or a big joke..and I don'think I have to say more than that!!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

Dear Peter, I support Jude C in asking you to please come out and say what you mean...

It is not clear at all from your posts. Thanks!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

Happypleasure,: its very clear and also its my last response on this topic I brought up in the hope that more than 4 people would answer. To me being present and active on these forums is not like sitting at home working out Sudoko or crossword puzzles all day, I have no idea if you are male or female, young or old, working or not working, a high school student or a retirement home resident and it doesn't matter, what matters is your experience in answering questions and providing information. I have been involved in the travel industry directly or indirectly since 25 years and it is imposible to be an expert on everything from A-Z, and if I were a potential tourist to Croatia I would probably wonder the same thing, if your info and bio is real and you live in Zagreb and have been to and rated 40 Zagreb locations in the last year or two great, I have been there probably 25 times over the last 8 years but in no way do I consider myself a Zagreb expert, you probably are and should talk to TA to have that noted on your profile! I just feel that answering or participating in 150 posts as you have done the last 5 days of April is just to much and believe me I don't personaly care it as I mentioned when puting up the topic..it takes away from the idea of the forum and waters down the product! I rest my case but if you have the time one day a coffee in Zagreb or here in Opatija would be nice and I could see who is the real person behind "happybypleasure" Enjoy May 1 holiday!

Edited: 01 May 2013, 02:38
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,536 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

Am on my way to my favourite place on earth, Istria, leaving tomorrow. Too busy packing to analyze this. :-)

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

Right on have a great trip and as a Montrealer to an Edmontonian Croatia and Istria ( Opatija is close enough too!) have to agrree a great great place on earth A chat over a cold one would be great anywhere anytime I am mobile let me know!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,226 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Croatia Destination Experts Need Your Feedback Please !!

I guess even though I am an "expert" for Dubrovnik I am really interested in giving out information about places I have been to even though technically I am not an expert in any one area of Croatia. I know why this post was started as I was thinking the same thing, but I also think that one can give great information to those interested without being a so called expert...as I know there are many members who aren't at the "expert status" that do give some great advice.