We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Dubrovnik - Hvar - Split

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
79 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Driving Dubrovnik - Hvar - Split

Does it make sense to get to Hvar Town from Dubrovnik by driving to Drvenik, taking the ferry to Sucuraj, then continue driving to Hvar for dinner and the night, then taking the ferry to Split the next morning? Is this doable and even enjoyable? We realize we are on a tight schedule.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,150 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Dubrovnik - Hvar - Split

I guess I wouldn't do all that driving for one night, especially since the road from Sucaraj to Hvar Town isn't the best. Unless you just want to say you have been on Hvar!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Dubrovnik - Hvar - Split

As Barry says that road from Sucuraj to Hvar is great for a motorcycle enthusiast crap for driving but it is the quickest way..Have done it with 40 passenger busses..real adventure..so just don't say that we didn't warn you. Alternative and trust me its not dumb..drive Dubrovnik to Split with the highway more than half complete you can make it in about 3-4 hours, I would use Trogir which I love as a base for the night, next morning take catamaran to Hvar for the day and return in the evening ..budget wise you pay for if your a couple 2 return catamaran tickets about 15 Euros and do the trip 1 hour each way..The other way its car ferry Drvnik to Sucuraj and car ferry Stari Grad to Split much longer than catamaran about 2,5 hours and cost wise not sure of 2013 prices but for the two car ferrys and two of you probably close to 100 Euros..with the money you save you pay for a nice pension in Trogir and a pizza and drinks in Hvar!!

3. Re: Driving Dubrovnik - Hvar - Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 06:18