We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Itinerary - Croatia

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Our Itinerary - Croatia

Hi All,

I am looking for some helpful information for my trip to Croatia. My mother and I are going in September for three weeks, below is a copy of our current itinerary. Any help and guidence on things to do, places to see and hotels would be appreciated.

Also if anyone knows the best way to get around and how the roads are to drive on over there?

Also if you think our initerary is to heavy or light in some places?

Tuesday Dubrovnik

Wednesday Dubrovnik

Thursday Dubrovnik to Split

Friday Split

Saturday Split

Sunday Split to Plitvice Lakes

Monday Plitvice Lakes

Tuesday Plitvice Lakes to ??

Wednesday ??

Thursday Zagreb

Friday Zagreb

Saturday Zagreb

Sunday Zagreb to Bled to Trieste

Monday Trieste

Tuesday Trieste to Venice

Wednesday Venice

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Plitvice Lakes National Park
Plitvice Lakes National...
Central Croatia, Croatia
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Bled
Bled
Upper Carniola Region, Slovenia
Trieste
Trieste
Province of Trieste, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Durham
Level Contributor
5,424 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Itinerary - Croatia

I would knock a night off each of Split, Plitvice, Trieste and stay on an island instead. Personally, I would not choose Zagreb over Istria.

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Plitvice Hotel
Plitvice Hotel
592 Reviews
Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
Trieste
Trieste
Province of Trieste, Italy
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Istria
Istria
Croatia
Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Itinerary - Croatia

Yes way to much time in Plitvice and Zagreb, and not enough on islands or Istria!! You ask about the roads they are fine only Dubrovnik out towards Split a 100 km stretch and Plitvice lakes to Zagreb are 2 lane good roads everything else is divided 4 lane highway, but are you renting a car or still not sure? How about a 1 week cruise on small boat with only 10 rooms going Dubrovnik to Split and stopping each night at a different island, the price of these cruises is half of what you would pay for room, transport, and food anyway!! Look at this site www.katarina-line.com they are based here in Opatija! Iwould look at renting a car from Split- Plitvice, its about a 3 hour drive leave early morning, get there at noon, see Plitvice till 6 and be in Zagreb at 8 pm..2 days in Zagreb then head down here to Opatija for 1 night and day, then visit Istria, Pula, Rovinj, Motovun and you are next to Slovenia so go to Postonja for a day to see the caves and castle..Bled is great and afte a day there Venice to Bled is only 2,5 to 3 hours by car...realy study the maps and you will be amazed how close Istria, Slovenia and Venice are to each other when visiting by car! Bus and or train is a horror story in many cases, o to try and keep you on schedule and keep your sanity try and have a car with you!!

Mentioned in this post
Plitvice Hotel
Plitvice Hotel
592 Reviews
Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Istria
Istria
Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Split
Split
Opatija
Opatija
Primorje-Gorski Kotar County, Croatia
Pula
Pula
Istria, Croatia
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Motovun
Motovun
Istria, Croatia
Bled
Bled
Upper Carniola Region, Slovenia
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
3. Re: Our Itinerary - Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 07:17