We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

By land or by Sea?

ilovespanish
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
By land or by Sea?

Hi all, I've searched through and see older forums answering this, but I'm curious if it has changed since Croatia's "rise to fame" these past few years. is it better to go by land to visit, or to do the cruise ship thing? I'm torn. I generally don't like being trapped on a boat with people, but I also don't enjoy the packing/unpacking thing of a moving tour either. any insight is appreciated on what is the best way to see Croatia (I have about 10 days).

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,059 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: By land or by Sea?

I say by land to get the true feel of the place you are staying...how can you really see Croatia when you stop for a few hours in each place....stay in each city so you can develop an understanding of their food, sites, etc. And I say that with absolutely no doubt in my mind about it.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: By land or by Sea?

I agree with Barry...

3. Re: By land or by Sea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 06:18