We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hello fellow travellers! I wonder if you can help me? My partner and I are planning a much needed week away near the end of August and Croatia looks amazing. We live near glasgow and can fly to Dubrovnik but I noticed accommodation is quite expensive there.

We are looking for a decent hotel that doesn't cost a fortune on a bed and breakfast basis. We want to be close to the water but able to go and eat in the local places, wouldn't mind a short bus journey! We don't want to be in the middle of nowhere as I want to see and do as much as possible.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanking you.

Claire :-)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
48,570 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

How about looking in Cavtat? And if the hotels are too expensive for you look into renting an apartment....

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Croatia IS amazing! Just keep in mind that Dubrovnik is absolutely packed with people in August. However, if you can ignore that you will be fine.

We stay about two blocks from the old town gates so obviously within easy walking distance. No views but inexpensive and an apartment so we prepare our own breakfasts/lunches and go out for dinner. We love that there are no steps involved and it is just a few metres to the sea (though unfortunately you cannot see it). I believe the prices are from 50-90 euros, depending on the season. There is a queen bedroom as well as a cute loft. We have only stayed in "Ragusa", not "Mediteran" (yet).

accommodation-dubrovnik.net/v2/dream.html#

Edited: 23 June 2013, 15:12
Glasgow
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Hi there,

I'm going to have a look. Thanks so much. I haven't considered that area at all but I'll be checking it out!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

That is such a good price and we'd be right where it's all happening! Thanks for the link. It was good of you to send it on.

Claire

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

You are welcome. It is not fancy or luxurious but you can spread out and the location is great. Very close to everything. And it has A/C which is important! :-)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

I've had a good look and my happy ending is booking a room in villa radovic in cavtat. Big thanks to you guys. C

7. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 06:17