We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Arbroath, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Currency

Hi all,

Heading to Pula end of August for a week and to visit Outlook Fest. Do you think it is best to exchange money here or will I get a better rate in Pula?

Are there exchange places about or would I just take money out of an atm? I've never used an ATM abroad!

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
7,315 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency

I always exchange the money to the ATM, but it also depends on your bank's fees. SInce KUNA (HRK) is not a popular currency, It will be easier and more convenient to exchange the money in Croatia than UK. There are plenty of exchange offices in Croatia.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency

I also use ATM's since its so convenient...but if not using ATM's I say wait til you get to Croatia before you exchange.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency

I use ATMs - check with your bank what their rates/fees are and obviously make sure you have your PIN etc.

They will display in English and are just like using one at home, except amounts will be in Kuna.

They will have ATMs at the airport in Croatia when you arrive, along with banks and bureau de change if you prefer. In Pula you will find banks, exchange offices (Mjenjacnica), post office and so on. I usually avoid airport bureau de change as they give the worst rates (especially in the UK) as do most hotels.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency

I've noticed the amazingly awful exchange rates at airports too!

I'd suggest you get some kuna to take with you, even if only a couple of hundred pounds worth. Then you don't haver to worry about finding an ATM straight away.

btw two years ago I found the max in kuna I cd withdraw from an ATM was about 250GBP's worth

5. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:18