We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split to Vis

New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Split to Vis

My partner and I are arriving in Split around 19:30 on Wednesday, August 14, and hoping to take the 21:00 ferry out to Vis. We are concerned that there will not be any tickets left for this voyage by the time we arrive in Split. Is there any way to book ahead? If not, is that ferry likely to be full? And if all else fails, how much would we be looking at to hire a water taxi?

Thanks in advance!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split to Vis

presuming that you will not travel by car, then ferries take all walk-in passengers, so you will be ok.

New York
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Split to Vis

Oh, I heard that some of these ferries sell out going to Hvar so we thought we'd encounter the same issue in Vis

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split to Vis

There is always room up on the deck for ferry passengers so you will be fine....I would only worry if you had a car to get on.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Split to Vis

passenger-only catamarans sell out, not ferries.

5. Re: Split to Vis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:18