We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island to visit? Brac or Hvar

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which island to visit? Brac or Hvar

I will be visiting in early September with my husband and 1.5 year old son. We want to spend a couple days of our trip relaxing on an island and are debating which one to choose. We would like a mix of laid back beach relaxation, natural beauty, and water sports like diving and snorkeling. We also like more authentic, less touristy local culture, restaurants, etc. but nothing super remote / hard to get to. After doing some research, I was thinking that staying in Bol on Brac might be a good bet, but also read that some of the smaller towns on Hvar are nice. With the little one, we obviously don't want to stay in Hvar Town. Thanks in advance for any advise on this!

Durham
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island to visit? Brac or Hvar

Bol would be a very good choice for beach and water sports, but it is touristy. Most of Hvar Town should not be too noisy for young children in September, but Bol has better beaches.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island to visit? Brac or Hvar

Anywhere with water sports is going to be touristy. Bol is the most touristy place on Brac. Somewhere like Jelsa on Hvar is less touristy but I don't know about the water sports. The DE for Hvar will know this however!

3. Re: Which island to visit? Brac or Hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:18