We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auto Car Rental? Split > Pilitivce Lake > Rovinj?

HK
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Auto Car Rental? Split > Pilitivce Lake > Rovinj?

Hubby and I will travel in Croatia for our 15th anniversary.

Our itinerary: Dubrovnik > Split > Piltivice > Rovinj

Only Hubby can drive but was used to drive right-steer in our city. Will it be difficult? Thanks!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auto Car Rental? Split > Pilitivce Lake > Rovinj?

No it won't be. Dubrovnik north about 100 kms drive is along the coastal road, 2 lanes but very scenic, then from there to Split and right up to the exit for Plivice its 4 lane divided highway, then to Plitvice and beyond to the highway its about 160 kms on the old main road, then to Rovinj is a combination of 4 and 2 lane highway via Rijeka!

Edited: 27 July 2013, 06:49
HK
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auto Car Rental? Split > Pilitivce Lake > Rovinj?

Hello, PeterCMontreal,

Thanks for your advice!

Any trustworthy car rental agency recommended?

My hubby was used to drive automatic in our city. We also wanted to hire GPS. Any special things we need to pay attention? Some said ORYX is notorious, what's your opinion?

Say hello to your doggie!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auto Car Rental? Split > Pilitivce Lake > Rovinj?

My dog was a little bigger than the one in the foto, but we have great special beaches for dogs here in the Opatija, area!! I will send you a pm about my rental car opinions!

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Auto Car Rental? Split > Pilitivce Lake > Rovinj?

Make sure you check with the rental company about dropping the car off in Rovinj. Also, if you'll be visiting in high season, you might face heavy traffic in many locations. It's not really as easy as it might sound. And there are many nice places to see along the way, not sure you'll be able to resist them (all).

5. Re: Auto Car Rental? Split > Pilitivce Lake > Rovinj?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:20