We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran schedules for off season

Allentown...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Catamaran schedules for off season

My sister and I are planning a trip to Croatia in October and I have a few questions. We're arriving in Dubrovnik on Oct. 5 and spending the night. We'll take a bus to Trogir (I think it leaves at 11am) the next morning and spend the night. On the evening (5:30pm?) of the seventh we'll take the bus to Split and spend the night. We'll have the next morning to explore Split and catch the 3 pm catamaran to Hvar and spend the night there. Hopefully,, we'll catch the catamaran to Korcula at 6:10 and spend the night in Korcula. On the tenth, we'll tour Korcula and catch the 3pm bus to Dubrovnik. We'll stay in Dubrovnik until the 14th with a day trip to Mostar and one to Montenegro.

Questions:

1) Am I correct about the catamaran and bus times?

2) Is this too ambitious for two middle aged women? Should we do both Hvar and Korcula?

3) in terms of luggage, will we have a problem with a wheeled suitcase on the streets from bus and ferry terminals to the hotels or are we better off with backpacks/duffle bags?

Any guidance or general input will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Durham
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran schedules for off season

1) The catamaran might be 2pm, not 3pm in the winter season. There will probably be only 1 bus daily from Korcula to Dubrovnik in October and early morning, not 3pm.

2) Not too ambitious, but Trogir and Split are only 30 minutes apart and can easily be visited from each other. Might be better to spend two nights in one place. Both Hvar and Korcula are worth seeing, but just staying one night in Korcula gives you very little time there. If you stayed a day longer you'd still be in Dubrovnik just after 9am on the 11th.

3) Wheeled luggage is fine.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran schedules for off season

The Jadrolinija October timetables are not yet published. I would try and have 2 nights in each location at least.

Allentown...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran schedules for off season

Thank you so much for the info. May I ask one more question ? How do I find out the exact time of the bus and the catamaran. Makes me a little nervous to not know whether its 2 or 3 o'clock. Thanks again

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran schedules for off season

When they publish the new ferry timetables they will have the times on them. Not sure about bus timetables - I know local ones change for out of season.

5. Re: Catamaran schedules for off season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:22