We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Croatia - have 7 days - where to go?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
New to Croatia - have 7 days - where to go?

I have 7 days first week of October and would like to visit - have never been before so would like recommendations on maybe a couple of places (7 days isn't long enough I know !). I am a first timer , so any other hints and tips I would find useful. I have heard good things about the cities and Islands, and have looked at a couple of 2 centre;s - Dubrovnik/Sipan & Hvar/Split.

Thanks

1. Re: New to Croatia - have 7 days - where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2013, 01:21
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,515 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Croatia - have 7 days - where to go?

I like the idea of Dubrovnik-Korcula if you want to go to Southern Dalmatian and Rovinj if you decide to go to Istria.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Croatia - have 7 days - where to go?

For a Bristol based person it would be easier to fly to Split or Dubrovnik unless you do Heathrow to Rijeka with Croatia airlines. October is winding down season - I would stay in Dubrovnik rather than Sipan and Hvar won't be party central any more but will still be great to visit. Split is lively all year.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Croatia - have 7 days - where to go?

I agree that in October and in the time frame you have, Dubrovnik and around would be a good option, weather should be a bit warmer than the north as well.

5. Re: New to Croatia - have 7 days - where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:18