We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Cavtat or Trogir

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Help Cavtat or Trogir

We are hoping to visit Croatia for the first time in May 2014 and am looking for help with best place to stay I know you will all have your own likes but try to look at it from a 1st timer We don't want to hire a car and can fly into Split or Dubrovnik both places look amazing any help please

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Cavtat or Trogir

So you have sensibly identified 2 places quite close to your possible airports. Have you considered flying into one airport and out of the other and splitting your holiday? If that doesn't suit then what are your interests when on holiday as there is plenty to be seen from both options. Beach, culture etc???

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Cavtat or Trogir

Thanks Jude C we love to explore local culture not to bothered about the beach whats it like to get around without a car?

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Cavtat or Trogir

I think public transport is more accessible from Trogir as lots of buses call in going to Split, Omis (and further south) and north to Sibenik, Zadar and smaller places such as Primosten. From Cavtat you will get more day trips - Mostar, Montenegro, Peljesac wine tours etc. You also get these from Trogir - Krka NP, Plitvice NP etc.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,496 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Cavtat or Trogir

How long will you have in Croatia? I think if seeing Dubrovnik is a must then you should stay in Cavtat but I like the idea of splitting the holiday if you have enough time.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Cavtat or Trogir

Thanks I also like the idea of two places but as we only have 1 week think we will stay in one place Cavtat is looking best option and hopefully if we like it could do 2 weeks later in the year

6. Re: Help Cavtat or Trogir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20