We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia

San Diego...
10 posts
Save Topic
Croatia

I plan on going there for Vaca. It will be late Oct. Nov. Would you suggest croatia, or where else in Europe. I'm a black male, late 20's, and single.

Croatia
Level Contributor
154 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia

Majority of croatians aren't rasistic so you shouldn't have problems if that's what you're asking but it's better to visit Croatia in the summer as there are mostly local people in October and November so you won't find much company during the day

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia

Croatia is beautiful in Spring and Summer but by November in most coastal resorts and islands lots of places will have closed for winter e.g., restaurants, hotels and ferries. I'm not saying all restaurants and hotels will be closed, but many will. Croatia has a very small population but it's swelled many times over with tourists during the summer season. Come winter there are not enough visitors to make it viable to run these businesses. You would probably need to stay in a large city like the capital, Zagreb or maybe Split. Pula is the largest town in Istria but even there lots of places close at that time of year.

Have you thought of France - Basing yourself in Paris where you can easily get to other delightful French towns quickly by good public transport. Just a thought......

I would suggest keeping Croatia for a time when you can enjoy this beautiful country to the full at another time of year.

I wish you luck wherever you decide upon.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,675 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia

I agree that saving Croatia for when its warm is a good idea. But if you do decide to go then make Split your base as its a big city and things will be open and you will see the beauty of Croatia's coast.

4. Re: Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:18