We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istria to Zadar/Split in spring

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Istria to Zadar/Split in spring

Hi everyone,

I'm researching a 10-12 day trip for our family of four for April or May. I would love to include a few days in Istria and am trying to determine transportation options between Istria and Zadar/Split. Dubrovnik is our real must-do and we're trying to see how we can piece it all together.

From what I understand, the catamaran between Pula and Zadar doesn't start until June 1. The bus ride is going to be too long for our little ones (3.5 and 5 yrs old; I would like to limit bus rides to 5 hrs if possible). Are there other ferry options from points in Istria to Zadar, Split, Dubrovnik, Hvar, or Korcula (as we are also considering a stop at either of those islands)?

Am I missing anything else? Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Kim

Durham
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istria to Zadar/Split in spring

Istria, Zadar/Split and Dubrovnik in 10 to 12 days is too much travelling for adults, let alone young children. I would leave Istria for another time and travel between Trogir/Split and Dubrovnik. There's a daily catamaran between Split, Hvar Town and Korcula Town. There's a daily bus between Korcula Town and Dubrovnik. If you do want to travel between Pula and Zadar the quickest way is the 5.55am Croatia airlines flight.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Istria to Zadar/Split in spring

apt22, thanks for your input! I was up late last night playing with different itineraries and reached the same conclusion: Istria and Dubrovnik are too much for a single trip. What do you think of this itinerary?

Day 1 Fly into Split, arrive Trogir

2 Trogir

3 Trogir

4 Bus to Dubrovnik

5 Dubrovnik

6 Dubrovnik

7 Rental Car Dubrovnik to Kotor

8 Kotor to Mostar

9 Mostar

10 Mostar to Split

11 Split

12 Depart

That should minimize travel time and allow more flexibility. We could use one of the days in Trogir or Dubrovnik for a day trip to one of the islands. Do four days seem sufficient for driving from Dubrovnik to Kotor, back up to Mostar, and then to Split?

Thanks again!!

3. Re: Istria to Zadar/Split in spring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 06:19