We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary help

My husband and I are spending about 3 weeks in Europe starting the middle of May. We'll be flying from Italy to Dubrovnik and arriving late in the evening. We have 7 nights in Croatia before flying from Zagreb to Istanbul. Can anyone help us with how to divide our time? We were thinking of 3 or 4 nights in Dubrovnik, 2 or 3 in Split, and 1 or 2 in Zagreb. What interests us the most are trips to Montenegro and Mostar, but we would really like to go to Sarajevo if possible, We will have a car. Does it make sense to go from Dubrovnik to Mostar, on to Sarajevo, spend a night there, and then drive to Split? We'd really appreciate any help you can give us. Thanks.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,226 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

Dubrovnik to Mostar to Sarajevo to Split makes the most sense to me...rent a car and leave early from Dubrovnik, spend a couple hours in Mostar and then spend the night in Sarajevo.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

One night in Zagreb is enough Zagreb. It's a very nice city. There's nothing bad about it (except trying to drive in a city where the names of the streets change every second or third block!). It is worth seeing. But you only need one full day (at most) to see what Zagreb has to offer. And with only a limited amount time to see as much of the rest of Croatia (and Bosnia & Herzegovina) as you can, I would give other places higher priority.

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help

Thanks for the help. We are going to take your advice and spend a night in Sarajevo before going to Split from Dubrovnik. That's what I really wanted to do but wasn't sure it made any sense. Thanks so much!

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help

Thanks for the help. We are going to take your advice and spend a night in Sarajevo before going to Split from Dubrovnik. That's what I really wanted to do but wasn't sure it made any sense. Thanks so much!

5. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 07:21