We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in Dalmatia May, reality-check requested!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Accommodations in Dalmatia May, reality-check requested!

We will be staying in Trogir, Dubrovnik, and some combination of Korcula, Mljet, Kotor and Mostar. We are a family of four (two young children, ages 3 and 5) looking for clean, basic-but-comfortable apartments within easy walking distance of Old Towns/major sites (say, 5-10 minutes). I've been researching different places but am having a hard time confirming a realistic price range; either prices aren't listed or they're all over the place for seemingly similar accommodations. Is $US60/night a good guess or do I need to budget significantly more? Thanks in advance for your help. Specific apartment recommendations also welcome!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in Dalmatia May, reality-check requested!

For Dubrovnik, your budget seems way low. I'm not sure about the other places.

At the risk of sounding like a testimonial, when I rented an apartment in Old Town Dubrovnik, I used http://dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/ . Back then, it was a very well-run, well-maintained website. The pictures and reviews were helpful. They list the prices for apartments in euro, and you can use google to do a quick currency conversion (basically, it's $1.40US to 1 euro). They also list apartments for Trogir/Split, Korcula and Hvar, which might also help with your planning in those places.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in Dalmatia May, reality-check requested!

Thanks for weighing in. I think you're right that we'll have to budget more for at least our Dubrovnik accommodations, but I'll check around. From the link you provided (thanks!), I did find a couple options close to $US60. e.g. Royale Ivana for 50 euros, sleeps 4, 15 min. walk from Old Town. Apartment Rudjer in Old Town also for 50 euros/night, etc. Well, we'll see!

oh, another question: as we are traveling with young children and on a budget, do you think we should forget about staying in Old Town and stay in Lapad or Ploce instead? Or elsewhere? Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out all the options...

thanks.

3. Re: Accommodations in Dalmatia May, reality-check requested!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19