We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Islands Near Split

British Columbia
Level Contributor
240 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Best Islands Near Split

My wife andmI are,planning to visit Croatia in early September and plan to fly,into Split

We would like to,spend a night or two in Split then visit two islands for about 4 nights each

I thought maybe Vis and Hvar?

Any suggestions? Is Brac or,Korcula better options than Hvar?

Durham
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Islands Near Split

Probably more people prefer Hvar to Korcula than vice versa. Personally I prefer Korcula as I find it more relaxing. However, you already have the quiet, relaxing element with Vis, so Vis and Hvar is a good combination. You could visit Brac on a day trip from Hvar.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Islands Near Split

It depends on what you're looking for. I would never change islands during my holiday (don't like to unpack/pack) and would just stay on one island. There's so much to explore on any of the islands. Have you considered that?

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Islands Near Split

Vis and Hvar would be a good choice, as would Hvar and Korcula, or Brac and Hvar. And I´m saying this just because of the boat connections, all the islands are fascinating and different.

Amsterdam, The...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Islands Near Split

Vis island is very nice if you spend one day by boat. Best places for visit is Blue cove on Bisevo island, Stiniva bay, Green cove situated at end of the island and one very nice place Budikovac. Also you can provide to visit Stoncica bay where you can spend 2-3 hours for swim, relaxing and eat on one little croatian name " konoba".

For visit Blue cove without boat trip, you can also buy the boat or speedboat ticket from Komiza town. Usually if the wethever condition is bad, blue cove is closed. I'm suggest to go not after 13:00 ( 01:00 p.m. ) because the best sun light inside on the cove is arround 11:00 - 13:00.

Amsterdam, The...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Islands Near Split

Vis island is very nice if you spend one day by boat. Best places for visit is Blue cove on Bisevo island, Stiniva bay, Green cove situated at end of the island and one very nice place Budikovac. Also you can provide to visit Stoncica bay where you can spend 2-3 hours for swim, relaxing and eat on one little croatian name " konoba".

For visit Blue cove without boat trip, you can also buy the boat or speedboat ticket from Komiza town. Usually if the wethever condition is bad, blue cove is closed. I'm suggest to go not after 13:00 ( 01:00 p.m. ) because the best sun light inside on the cove is arround 11:00 - 13:00.

6. Re: Best Islands Near Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 13:33
Split, Croatia
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Islands Near Split

Discover the island Šolta with new local tourist agency "My green island"

eko-adria-solta.com/index.php/…accommodation

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,686 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Islands Near Split

I like the suggestions of Hvar and Vis of you can connect those two on the right days.

9. Re: Best Islands Near Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 12:22
British Columbia
Level Contributor
240 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Islands Near Split

Thanks Mia Greatminformation